Information and training centre for renewable energies with decentralised small energy plants. EDUREC – EDUCATION RENEWABLE ENERGY CENTER
Presentation of the project (LINK). EDUREC
In large parts of the world, including Sierra Leone, many people have no or only limited access to electricity (or other forms of energy) There is often little chance of getting connected to the power grid in the foreseeable future Also the economic situation of the people in Sierra Leone is so bad that the costs of the rising prices for energy, fossil fuels for e.g. diesel generators are not to be borne. As a result, many people remain uncoupled from the future opportunities of a better living environment.
With the realization that every region of this earth (steppe, desert, rainforest, mountains) needs its own form of energy, the appropriate knowledge must be imparted.. Thus, photovoltaics can be used in sunny regions, biomass and hydropower in the green belt of this earth.
The prerequisite for meaningful use is knowledge of this and further technical training in the construction and maintenance of these systems.
It’s our idea with EDUREC (Education-Renewable-Energie-Center) to pursue and implement the above approach The people, here in Sierra Leone, should be able to recognize the chances of decentralized small plants for renewable energies. With the knowledge of the different working principles they are then able to build appropriate plants.
This concept is intended to make it clear that the small decentralised renewable energy plants can counteract the rising costs of the world market and the large energy providers. The energy costs thus become more affordable.
Furthermore, it should be shown that the increasing negative effects of climate change can be countered by burning fossil fuels as alternatives. CO2 emissions can be reduced or even completely avoided. This is also in line with the recommendation in the UN Convention on Sustainable Development. For example:
Goal 4: “High quality education”,
Goal 7: “Renewable energy”,
Goal 13: “Measures to protect the climate”.
The following modules are in the planning, implementation or construction of:
- Module Curriculum, Sustainable BIldung Preparation of curricula for teaching and training (Bintumani D-SL, OSZ TIEM)
- Photovoltaic module Bintumani D-SL, SRH College, Fa. Phaesun
- Bioenergy module Construction of small demonstration biogas plants (state office, (b) energy)
- Solar thermal module Construction of a small solar thermal system (state office, solar village)
- Wind power module Construction of a 400-watt wind turbine (KitRad, country station 80 watts, solar village)
- The first WINDRAD is built: Video
- Mechanical Energy Module Construction of an energy vehicle (OSZ Hein Moeller)
- Hydropower module (SRH-Hochschule)
- Module Teaching Models for Education and Training (Bintumani D-SL with support from the solar village Kettmanshausen e.V.)
- Module Online Learning Creation of an online learning platform for photovoltaic technology (SRH University)
- Module Workshop: Electric, Metal, Wood Shopping lists for teaching materials and workshop facilities (Milton Margai College and Bintumani D-SL) furnishing of workshops
Currently work on the implementation, under the leadership of Bintumani D-SL, vocational training centre Berlin Oberstufenzentrum, the State Office for Commercial Professional Promotion in Developing Countries, the SRH University Berlin and other dedicated people from Berlin.
In Freetown, Sierra Leone, these are the Milton Margai College and the Light Salone Innovation Group.
Here in Berlin, we are looking for committed professionals, as well as lay people, who are looking for the possibilities of decentralized sustainable energy supply, Such as photovoltaics, wind energy, biomass, solar thermal energy and hydropower Want to get involved and actively participate in the construction of small decentralized energy plants.
We want to find ways, albeit on a small scale, to solve the energy problems in the villages of Sierra Leone, among other things, at a low cost.
Get active and join us: Get in touch with us.
Information on the energy situation in Sierra Leone can be found here: https://energypedia.info/wiki/Sierra_Leone_Energy_Situation
This post is also available in: Deutsch